November 24, 2011

'SELLING SPEED' IN 'CAFE RACERS' MAG

I don't generally publicize my work in print here at The Vintagent, but I should, as I write regularly for Mens' File, Cycle World, Café Racers, etc...so if you're able to grab a copy of Café Racers (France), the latest issue (on newsstands now) contains a beautifully laid out exploration of the use of Speed imagery in motorcycle advertising, from 1900 to the 1970s.  I was able to document much of this history with the help of friends, with excellent collections of moto ephemera - many thanks, and you know who you are!


I'll publish a version in English here on The Vintagent, in a few weeks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best WordPress Web Hosting